Immanuel Lutheran's Worship Services
Registration Prior to Communing is Requested.
Members of Immanuel congregation and visitors, who are confirmed members in good standing of congregations of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, are asked to announce attendance at Holy Communion by means of the Friendship Register.
Non-member visitors and guests who may desire to attend Holy Communion are asked to speak in-person with the pastor before doing so.
In accord with the Holy Scripture, our church teaches that Holy Communion is open only to those who:
(1) have been baptized in the name of the Triune God: Matt. 28:19; Acts 2:41-42;
(2) are able to examine themselves both as to what this Sacrament is and also its purpose, 1 Cor. 11: 26-30;
(3) have confessed and repented of their sins; 1 John 1: 8-2:3;
(4) believe that in, with, and under the bread and wine all communicants receive the true body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins, 1 Cor. 11:23-27; 1 Cor. 10:16; Matt. 26:28; and who
(5) are united in belief in the same teaching; 1 Cor. 10:17; rom. 16:17, 18; 2 John 10:11; Matt. 28:20; Heb. 13:9.